For safety reasons, we strongly encourage parents to have students ride the bus to school.
(Our parking lot is small & not designed for a lot of car traffic.)
Adult supervision of students is provided beginning at 8:15 a.m. on the playground. Students should not be on the school grounds before that time. No student should be on the playground unsupervised.
Breakfast begins at 8:15 am, students buying breakfast need to proceed to the cafeteria through the main hallway when they first arrive at school. Students may also go to the library, with a pass during this time. The gym is also open for students to play before the 8:25 bell.
When the bell rings at 8:25, teachers will gather their students from outside. All students should be in their classroom by 8:30 am. All students that arrive after 8:30 am must check in at the office and get a late slip.
If you must drop off your child in the morning, please observe the following:
- Use the middle driveway right lane to drop off.
- Use the left lane as a thru lane to reach the lower parking lot and then park and walk across to the school. When crossing the lane to reach the school, please cross ONLY at the crosswalk.
- When you use the right lane (drop-off lane), always pull as far forward as possible before dropping off your student.
- Your student should ALWAYS exit the car from the passenger side of the vehicle.
- 3:00 pm: K-2nd grade classes are brought to the buses by their teachers.
- 3:05 pm: When the bell rings, 3rd-5th grade students go to the buses accompanied by their teachers.
All students should go directly home at the end of the school day. All school supervision ends 15 minutes after dismissal. Students are expected to be picked up or gone from the school campus by this time unless they are participating in a school-sponsored after-school activity.
If a bus is late, the students will stand in the bus line designated in the front of the school. If it is raining, the students will stand under cover or in the main halls at the designated line up area.
For safety reasons, parents picking up students are asked to wait outside under the covered play area in the back of the school instead of entering the building and going to the classrooms. When school is dismissed, all students must go directly home or to a predesignated destination. After school supervision is not provided.
Please note: The driveway lane directly in front of the building is only accessible to buses during arrival and dismissal times. Once the buses have departed, then parent pick up may use that lane.
If you must pick up your child in the afternoon, please observe the following:
At 3:15pm, your child will be asked to wait quietly by the brick wall near the 5th grade classrooms for your to pull up and stop. When you drive up, always pull as far forward as possible before picking up your student. If the pick up lane is full, please proceed around the middle island to your left. Using the thru-lane, drive through the lower parking lot and take a place in line and wait to cross over to the pick-up lane when it is safe to do so and there is space available.
Parking to pick up your child is the safest method:
- Before 2:55 pm, please park in a legal, designated parking spot.
- Go through the gate between the two building, wait for your child at the undercover playground in the back of the school.
- The Duty teacher will release your child to you by the gym door.
- There is NO student pick-up in the school lobby.